Vacancy for an Interim Centre Director, Courtyard Arts
Courtyard Arts Centre is a registered charity founded in 1996 with the mission “to provide a launch pad for all members of the community to achieve their artistic potential”. We are a community arts centre in Hertford housed in a converted stable block, offering cultural and educational activity alongside a contemporary gallery. We have a small gift shop, cafe and two artists’ studios. We also run a programme of outreach work in the community and curate the gallery space at Hertford Theatre. We are a self-funded charity with a small admin/management team supported by over 40 volunteers. The Centre is at a very exciting stage in its development and the existing Director is being seconded to the redevelopment project for 6 months starting January 2017.
We are looking to recruit an Interim Director initially for this 6-month period. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Centre and all its associated activities. Highly organised and self-motivated applicants must have excellent people skills alongside the ability to deliver the strategic vision of the Centre.
• Recruitment, retention and development of staff, tutors and volunteers
• Management and co-ordination of the classes, workshops and outreach programmes
• Maintaining/developing local partnerships & relationships, including attendance at community & Council events
• Financial duties including annual price reviews, cheque signatory, monthly payroll and small grant applications
• Delivery of marketing initiatives including adverts, social media, co-ordination of publicity material, press releases and e-newsletters
• Monthly attendance at trustee meetings
• Initiation of new ideas and projects
• Co-ordination of health and safety audits and follow up actions
18 hours per week
£12-£14 per hour, depending on experience
applications to Melanie Ewer, Centre Director email@example.com
Applications deadline: 1st November
Interviews: Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th November