Wednesdays from 12th Jan (11 Wks)
13:30 – 15:30
Maximum 8 Students
For adults of all abilities. The class follows a structured programme in a friendly and informal atmosphere. Each week a technique or idea is demonstrated with one-to-one assistance provided.
Students will be introduced to a range of styles and approaches with insight into the theory and practice of techniques. A variety of water-based media are utilised, with an emphasis on watercolour.
Students are asked to bring their own materials:
- Tubes of watercolour paint in ultramarine, alizarin crimson and lemon yellow will do to start with. Well known makers such as Winsor & Newton and Daler Rowney are the ones to go for. If your budget can stretch to “artists’ quality” then go with this, it makes a difference!
- Watercolour paper such as Bockingford 140lbs, CP (cold pressed) or not – medium grain.
- Watercolour brushes, size 8 and a mop brush if you can
- Watercolour palette or white plate
- Jar for water
- Pencils and a rubber
- Some kitchen paper is useful